The beginning of a new year means a fresh start for many! At The POINT, it’s an opportunity for fresh and new! We’ve made some changes to our lineup—some, out of necessity. Some, because it was time for something fresh. When a situation comes across your desk, you turn it into an opportunity.
For example— Laura Ingraham. We’ve loved having Laura for 5 years on The POINT with one glaring exception—-her show was never live for us. When Laura decided she’d had enough with radio and wanted to focus only on TV, it was a great opportunity for us to find what had been missing—and we are so excited to have Dennis Prager on at Noon every Monday through Friday now. Dennis is tremendous. He’s brilliant and wise and you will learn something from every show he does. He’s a great listener and gets wonderful guests.
That’s not all….
We’re so excited to welcome Josh Kimbrell to our lineup. Josh’s show, “Common Cents” is on Monday through Friday from 8pm-9pm. Josh is an upstate host branching into The Midlands. His program gives us another program with a South Carolina flavor.
Michael Savage remains a part of our family at The POINT. His show has been shortened to one hour—and we’ll continue to bring it to you at 9pm weekdays on The POINT. Dr. Savage is a Hall of Fame radio talent with a unique perspective of conservatism. He’s shrewd and direct and we love his no-nonsense approach to the Washington D.C. political cesspool.
From 10pm-1am weeknights, we’ll have The Todd Schnitt Show. Todd has been with The POINT from day one! He’s such a bright talent combining his political views with pop-culture. He’s energetic and cutting-edge. Todd is a great way to end the night on The POINT.
We’re not done here though—
We’ve made changes for Sunday morning and Sunday evening too. Every Sunday morning from 9am-10am, it’s The Pastor’s Pulpit. Pastor Steven Williamson from Gethsemane Baptist Church in Lexington will bring his passion to The POINT. Whether you’re home or on your way to church every Sunday, listen into The Pastor’s Pulpit to start your Sunday with a positive message.
Another new member to our team is the addition of Mark Walters—the host of Armed American Radio. The program will air on The POINT every Sunday night from 8pm-11pm. Mark brings hard hitting talk about the right to bear arms for self defense to the nation’s airwaves. A one-of-a-kind program focusing on the right to carry concealed handguns, safety, training and everything else related to the right to bear arms for self preservation, Mark interviews some of the biggest nationally recognized names in the field of self-defense and tells the truth about concealed carry that the mainstream media simply ignores.
The POINT refuses to stop in our quest to improve. 2019 will be an exciting year and we’re thrilled to continue our quest to be more live and more local! If you ever have suggestions on our programming, feel free to reach out to Keven Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks and Happy New Year! May 2019 be a joyous adventure filled with good health, happiness and prosperity!
If you missed it
Miss the big interview?
We take incredible pride at The POINT in getting the best guests on the air. The biggest complaint we've had in the past is sometimes, you miss the interview or sometimes, you want to share it with someone else. Now, you can! Welcome to "If you Missed It"...
Keven Cohen had the chance to talk with South Carolina’s Senate Majority Leader Shane Massey. The two talked all about the merger for SCANA/Dominion as well as a big budget surplus and what to do with those dollars. Give it a listen and feel free to share it with others.
Keven Cohen had the chance to talk with US Senator Tim Scott (R-SC) on November 1st. The two talked about everything from the economy to midterm elections, immigration and the shootings in Pittsburgh. Give it a listen and feel free to share it with others via social media.
The POINT M-F schedule
|6am-7am||Doug Stephan Show|
|7am-9am||Mornings with Kev and Brian|
|9am-10am||The POINT’s LOCAL Experts|
|10am-Noon||The Brian Kilmeade Show|
|Noon-2pm||The Dennis Prager Show|
|2pm-4pm||The Dave Ramsey Show|
|4pm-6pm||The Afternoon Drive with Keven Cohen|
|8pm-11pm||The Michael Savage Show|
|11pm-1am||The Todd Schnitt Show|
|1am-6am||Red Eye Radio|
Check out our Weekend Shows
The POINT recommends
Latest News from the POINT
- Federal judge writes book on SC incident that called attention to race-based abusesFor every heinous crime against African-American citizens in the South that was reported in newspapers there were hundreds more that were lost to obscurity. One ... read more
- Richland Library first in Carolinas to offer accredited high school diploma programThe Richland County Library is offering an accredited program to help people earn their high school diplomas and it is the first library in the ... read more
- SCRN Evening Newscast (AUDIO)Included in the evening’s final newscast: — Two potential Democratic presidential hopefuls speak at MLK rally in Columbia — Charleston woman arrested in connection with death of ... read more
- Senators Booker, Sanders, call for action at King Day rally in ColumbiaIt was the annual King Day at the Dome rally at the state capitol building in Columbia and it featured two U.S. Senators Monday. The ... read more
- SC Education Dept: Free-and-reduced student lunch money safe during shutdownThe ongoing federal government shutdown will not affect free and reduced lunches for a half-million South Carolina students. That’s according to the South Carolina Department ... read more