It’s that time of the year….holiday season! Or, dare I say it— it’s almost Christmas. WOW! Did you just say Christmas? Yeah, a bad word to some people these days. Can’t say that–might offend those who celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Festivis. Let me make this clear. I’m Jewish. I celebrate Hanukkah and that’s all. I am very comfy in my Judaism. I know what I am. My kids know what they are. You know what? I absolutely LOVE it when someone is walking out of a store and wishes me a Merry Christmas. I love when people are simply, nice.
I don’t find offense when someone says Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays! Are you kidding me? Look back in history to the worst moment in modern Jewish history— the Holocaust. Jews wore special arm bands identifying them–making sure everyone knew exactly what and who they were. Do you think that was a good idea? No. I don’t want people knowing—when I’m walking out of Walmart what my religion is. I don’t want to wear something to tell people that I’m Jewish and you better say either “Happy Hanukkah or Happy Holidays”.
All I want is for people to be nice—and if someone wants to take the time out of his/her day to just simply wish me a Merry Christmas….well, that’s just awesome to me. So, say it loud—and say it proud! If you’re comfy with Happy holidays—say that. If you’re comfy with Merry Christmas—well, say that too. Just be nice and say something.
Oh—and Merry Christmas to you too!
If you missed it
Miss the big interview?
We take incredible pride at The POINT in getting the best guests on the air. The biggest complaint we've had in the past is sometimes, you miss the interview or sometimes, you want to share it with someone else. Now, you can! Welcome to "If you Missed It"...
Keven Cohen had the chance to talk with South Carolina’s Senate Majority Leader Shane Massey. The two talked all about the merger for SCANA/Dominion as well as a big budget surplus and what to do with those dollars. Give it a listen and feel free to share it with others.
Keven Cohen had the chance to talk with US Senator Tim Scott (R-SC) on November 1st. The two talked about everything from the economy to midterm elections, immigration and the shootings in Pittsburgh. Give it a listen and feel free to share it with others via social media.
The POINT M-F schedule
|6am-7am||Doug Stephan Show|
|7am-9am||Mornings with Kev and Brian|
|9am-10am||The POINT’s LOCAL Experts|
|10am-Noon||The Brian Kilmeade Show|
|Noon-2pm||The Dennis Prager Show|
|2pm-4pm||The Dave Ramsey Show|
|4pm-6pm||The Afternoon Drive with Keven Cohen|
|8pm-11pm||The Michael Savage Show|
|11pm-1am||The Todd Schnitt Show|
|1am-6am||Red Eye Radio|
Check out our Weekend Shows
The POINT recommends
Latest News from the POINT
- Winthrop Poll Southern Focus SurveyA new Winthrop University poll looks at issues covering 11 Southern states. Poll director, Dr. Scott Huffmon told South Carolina Radio Network the poll finds ... read more
- Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities taking applications for ballet competitionThe Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities is inviting the state’s best ballet dancers to compete in the Grand Jete in March. “There’s lots ... read more
- Testing, failing, pay, discipline and no bathroom breaks among challenges SC teachers faceAccording to longtime veteran teachers who spoke before a Senate subcommittee this week, teaching in South Carolina is not about standing before a class and ... read more
- SC Forestry Commission plane makes emergency landing in Cherokee County fieldSouth Carolina forestry officials confirm one of their planes made an emergency landing in a remote area of Cherokee County on Tuesday. Forestry Commission spokesman Doug ... read more
- SCRN Evening Newscast (AUDIO)Included in the evening’s final newscast — Forestry officials confirm one of their planes made an emergency landing Tuesday afternoon — Traffic deaths in South Carolina ... read more